This week is the official start of spring! (Sound the trumpets.) It’s true this doesn’t mean we automatically get warmer weather, but it does signal that it’s time to start making preparations for when the warm weather, at last, settles in for a few months—and occasionally turns to hot weather. A crucial step in these preparations is to call up your local expert HVAC technicians (that would be us!) and tell them you want to have your annual air conditioning tune-up and inspection.
We offer Gold Club Membership to make maintenance easy for you. With a single plan, you’ll have maintenance each year for your air conditioning, heating, and plumbing. Right now we’re going to focus on the air conditioning since spring is the time to have this job done.
Air Conditioning Maintenance Is Essential
People often get the impression that maintenance is a luxury for their AC and not something they need to invest in every year. But the maintenance is as important as the maintenance you have for a vehicle. You probably know the kind of trouble your vehicle can get into if it doesn’t have regular service like oil changes. Many of the same precautions apply to an air conditioner. Below are the vital ways annual spring maintenance helps your AC:
- Prevent the majority of repairs: This number is startling but true—85% of the repairs an AC may need during its service life can be prevented if the system has annual professional maintenance. When you think of how much time and money this saves you, you’ll see how easily maintenance pays you back! The various tune-up tasks done during maintenance reduce the strain that leads to most malfunctions.
- Prevent breakdowns: The biggest repair problem an AC may face is when it stops working altogether, and this is most likely to occur on an extremely hot day when the system is under extra strain. You can reach out for emergency repairs, but wouldn’t you prefer not to have this problem in the first place? Annual maintenance makes such a major breakdown far less likely.
- Better energy efficiency: Regular tune-ups and cleanings help an AC to work at maximum energy efficiency. The AC won’t become more expensive to run each year and should keep its efficiency rating for most of its service life.
- Extend equipment life: The average central air conditioning system can last between 10 to 15 years—but only if it receives regular tune-ups and inspections. You can cut this life expectancy in half without maintenance. An early replacement is not an expense you want to be stuck with. And by the way…
- Keep the warranty valid: If you think the warranty on the system will protect you in a case where the AC fails after only 8 years, we have some bad news—lack of maintenance often voids equipment warranty. Regular maintenance will protect you in case the air conditioner suffers a catastrophic failure due to a manufacturer’s fault.
To schedule air conditioning maintenance in Indianola, IA or elsewhere in our service area, call our office and ask about Gold Club Membership.
Arrange for great AC performance this year with Golden Rule Plumbing, Heating & Cooling. “We Obey the Rules to Live By”!