Across the country, many homeowners prefer in-floor radiant heating systems as an alternative to traditional heating systems. In-floor radiant heating exchanges heat with the surrounding environment, warming the objects in a room rather than the air, as opposed to forced-air central heating systems, which pushes hot air throughout your home via ductwork and vents. Keep reading to learn 5 benefits of in-floor radiant heating from our Grimes HVAC experts at Golden Rule Plumbing, Heating & Cooling.
Benefits of In-Floor Radiant Heating Include:
- Increased Energy Efficiency: Because radiant heat does not have to move around your home through ductwork, you can begin feeling the effects in the room you are in right away. In fact, when radiant heating is distributed through your floor, you can save up to 15% on your heating bill, because you are not losing any heating power in the air.
- More Space: In-floor radiant heating allows you to save space that would normally be taken up by furnaces, boilers, heat pumps, space heaters, and other heating systems, because rather than running from one unit, it’s all coming from pipes in your floor. And because radiant heating can be installed under tile, stone, carpet, wood, laminate, and vinyl, you can customize your space as you wish without having to work around your heating system.
- Greater Safety: By switching toin-floor radiant heating, you won’t have to deal with malfunctioning or leaky furnaces, which can become a hazard if not repaired. Moreover, radiant heating doesn’t use air ducts, meaning it keeps your air fresh by reducing the spread of containments and allergens. All of this makes in-floor radiant heating excellent for your indoor air quality and the general health and safety of everyone in your home.
- Easy Use: You can usually control in-floor radiant heating through your thermostat. This makes heating adjustments very simple, and with digital and programmable thermostats, it is now easier to control your radiant heating system than ever. Oftentimes, you can even use “smart” thermostats to control your in-floor radiant heating remotely through your tablet, smart phone, or computer.
- Simple Installation: In-floor radiant heating is surprisingly simple to install, and if you are going through a renovation project, can be put it in fairly easily during other home upgrades.
Call to Switch to In-Floor Radiant Heating Today!
Thinking about making the switch to in-floor radiant heating? Golden Rule Plumbing, Heating & Cooling is proud to be able to offer radiant heating installation and replacement as well as repair and maintenance. Call our skilled HVAC technicians to upgrade your home or business with a radiant heating system that can save you money while offering greater efficiency.
We are available by phone at (515) 305-2955, or you can contact us online.